From the GitHub release page (downloads available there):
We’re pleased to bring you CircuitPython 2.1.0, with many new features and many bugfixes. Notably, Trinket M0 and Gemma M0 now include
pulseio (PWM) support.
Thank you to all who used, tested, contributed, helped out, and participated on GitHub and/or discord: @asherlie, @kattni , @caternuson, @KurticusMaximus (Kurt H), @jerryneedell, Sigafoos, @fabitencourt, @hukuzatuna, scruffynerf, Janisku7, ogredrew, @mrmcwethy, NorthernPike, cascade, @ntoll, CGrover, Pyrrhis Productions, TitiMoby, dastels, jramsdale, @tdicola, brad, Surrend, microwattbott, Becky Button, @dglaude, ATMakers, Instinctive, histo, Wolf, siddacious, @deshipu, caitlinsdad, smartRF, HappyDay, @deanm1278, @jedgarpark, Noe, Andon, adafruit, @ladyada, @tannewt, @dhalbert, dobra-dobra, Factory Factory, Mr. Certainly, and surely more we have missed. Join us on the Discord chat to collaborate.
Notable New Features
- All boards, including Trinket M0, Gemma M0, and Feather M0 Basic, now support
pulseio, which provides PWM and other other pulse based input/output.
- The touch/no-touch threshold computation for
TouchInpins has been adjusted to be more sensitive. Added
.thresholdvalue access. Thanks to @ladyada for finding and testing.
- ESP8266: Updated built-in neopixel support and library to match M0 boards. Thanks @jerryneedell.
- The Circuit Playground Express release now includes several libraries built into the firmware. This saves considerable RAM when they are imported. To enable, remove the library
.mpyfiles from your
sys.path(e.g., from your
lib/directory). To override, put a newer version on your
sys.path. The modules included are:
gamepadmodule scans pins for debounced button presses regularly in the background. Thanks to @deshipu.
- Added names for analog pins on Trinket M0. Update by @jerryneedell.
- M0 boards: Turned on higher current drive capability for
- Status NeoPixel or DotStar brightness is now adjustable (#246). Thanks to @asherlie.
- Switched to using a smaller version of the math library to make room for other features. Complex number support is also turned off on non-Express boards to make room.
- Support added for hacked Trinket M0 with added SPI flash (Trinket M0 Haxpress). Thanks to @deshipu.
A0is no longer available as a
TouchInpin on Circuit Playground Express. It is unreliable because it is also connected to the on-board speaker
...ioobjects (AnalogIn, DigitalInOut, etc.) now raise an exception if you try to reuse them after they are deinitialized (
deinit()). Previously, reuse might cause crashes. Thanks to @tdicola for uncovering.
- Reset PDIMIn pins after
deinit(). Thanks @tdicola for finding this problem.
- ESP8266: Fixed problems with SPI.
- Reinitialize the ADC before every use. Thanks @ladyada for reporting erratic ADC results.
- If CircuitPython restarts in safe mode, it does not attempt to re-create the SPI or internal flash filesystem if it appears to be damaged or missing. @tdicola noticed that this may occur when a battery runs down.
- If you use the
gamepadmodule and then do a soft-reset, CircuitPython will crash. This will be fixed in the next release.
Documentation is available here.
Here are all the changes since 2.0.0.
To update to CircuitPython 2.1.0:
- Have a Feather M0 Express, Metro M0 Express, Gemma M0, Trinket M0 or Circuit Playground Express? Download a .uf2 and follow these instructions.
- To install on legacy boards, download a .bin file and follow the guide here for M0 and here for ESP8266.
To install our libraries:
- For Express boards, simply download the latest library bundle and copy the
libfolder onto your
CIRCUITPYdrive. (Update: 2.1.0 bundle now available, with new and updated libraries.)
- For Gemma M0 and Trinket M0, the library bundle is too large. Download a smaller set of 2.0.0 libraries and files that are shipped with the boards: Gemma M0 files; Trinket M0 files. Update the supplied libraries with ones from the 2.1.0 bundle if you wish.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Limor Fried featured in NYC’s HER BIG IDEA!
Wearables — Get concrete solutions
Electronics — Probe Compensation
Biohacking — Dr. Rita Levi-Montalcini was a Centenarian Gonzo Biohacker
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.