I tend to drink my coffee almost as soon as the drip is done (my ritual is a pour-over through a metal filter with water at 190°F) but I understand how some like to wait and let their coffee cool down a bit – but then if you wait too long…
You make yourself a nice hot cup of coffee, you take it with you to your desk, but since it is too hot to drink it immediately, you leave it there and continue with your work – next time you remember it, the coffee is already cold.
If you had a smart coaster to place your cup on, a coaster monitoring the temperature and notifying you before it gets too cold …
SC² – Smart Cup Coaster
The idea of a
- connected device to place a cup of coffee (or tea) on with
- contact-less temperature measurement and
- smart monitoring of cool down rate;
- Configurable via web interface and providing
- notification via email or text message before the beverage gets to cold;
- Based on an ESP8226 board (i.e. SparkFun ESP8266 Thing – Dev Board);
- Featuring the myDevice Cayenne IoT platform.