I tend to drink my coffee almost as soon as the drip is done (my ritual is a pour-over through a metal filter with water at 190°F) but I understand how some like to wait and let their coffee cool down a bit – but then if you wait too long…
You make yourself a nice hot cup of coffee, you take it with you to your desk, but since it is too hot to drink it immediately, you leave it there and continue with your work – next time you remember it, the coffee is already cold.
If you had a smart coaster to place your cup on, a coaster monitoring the temperature and notifying you before it gets too cold …
SC² – Smart Cup Coaster
The idea of a
- connected device to place a cup of coffee (or tea) on with
- contact-less temperature measurement and
- smart monitoring of cool down rate;
- Configurable via web interface and providing
- notification via email or text message before the beverage gets to cold;
- Based on an ESP8226 board (i.e. SparkFun ESP8266 Thing – Dev Board);
- Featuring the myDevice Cayenne IoT platform.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Limor Fried featured in NYC’s HER BIG IDEA!
Wearables — Get concrete solutions
Electronics — Probe Compensation
Biohacking — Dr. Rita Levi-Montalcini was a Centenarian Gonzo Biohacker
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Adafruit has a "be excellent to each other" comment policy. Help us keep the community here positive and helpful. Stick to the topic, be respectful of makers of all ages and skill levels. Be kind, and don't spam - Thank you!