Sharp’s SX™ Continuous Roll Bagging System (video). Ladyada and Alicia making robot friend.
Runs bags 2″ to 11” wide and 4″ to 32” long
Technology advancements include 4.3” wide color touchscreen with Allen-Bradley Micro850 PLC
More efficient printing
– Prints unique, variable information on the first bag out
– Can print long and short production runs for a variety of
– 4″ wide print head for a larger print area
– Ribbon changes are simple, in less than half the time
of standard baggers
– Electronic ribbon out sensor prevents wasted ribbon.
The viewing window allows you to see the amount of
ribbon remaining on the roll.
Easier to use
– All electric design—just plug in and use the SX™
– Optional adjustable load shelf for easy loading for
bulky or heavy products
– Cross flow fan channels high volume, low pressure
ducted air for precise bag opening—no compressed
– Auto-Rol™ tension system maintains consistent
web flow, eliminates breakage
– Clamshell design makes it easier to thread the bags
– Bag changes are fast, with touchscreen inputs
Maintenance is simple
– Off-the-shelf parts, typically saving over $2,000/year
– Fewer moving parts for less maintenance
– Plug and play wired components for easy changing
– Teflon tape is easier and less expensive to replace
– Self diagnostics identify and correct problems quickly
– On-board PLC means less maintenance
CE version available in Europe
Xtreme Poly (XP)
Sharp Packaging High Density (SPHD)
Sharp’s Military Specification Film
Sharp’s Metalized Barrier Film
Electric Static Discharge (ESD)
Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP)
Sharp’s Non-Scratch Film
E-Z Stat™ (Anti-Static)
Vapor Corrosive Inhibitor (VCI)
Width x Height x Depth
28″ x 22″ x 29.5″
35 bags/ minute
0° – 40° C
32° – 140° F
10 % – 90% RH , Noncondensing
2″ – 11″
4″ – 32″
.001 (1 mil) – .004 (4 mil)
25 microns –100 microns
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Toy with inspiration
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Adafruit has a "be excellent to each other" comment policy. Help us keep the community here positive and helpful. Stick to the topic, be respectful of makers of all ages and skill levels. Be kind, and don't spam - Thank you!