Pictured above, snippets from “Letters from the President” from the ULINE catalogs that are sent to us all the time…
Ok! OVER 3 YEARS AGO (APRIL 14, 2014) we posted a now (more) popular resource list “Alternatives to ULINE shipping supplies – shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies.” Why?
We started out using ULINE in the early days of Adafruit when we didn’t know anywhere else, and we’ve completely outgrown their products/pricing and service – APRIL 14, 2014.
The resource list was posted YEARS before the #boycottuline efforts which are gaining a lot of support. Companies, artists, makers, Etsy sellers, have informed us they are saving big bucks and getting better quality packaging and better customer service than from Uline.
- Alternatives to ULINE shipping supplies – shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies #makerbusiness #manufacturing @uline – Adafruit, APRIL 14, 2014.
- Update – Alternatives to ULINE shipping supplies @uline #boycottuline No more @halloates CDs? – Adafruit.
- MOAR Alternatives to ULINE shipping supplies – shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies #makerbusiness #manufacturing @uline – Adafruit.
- SUPPLIER SUNDAY – ULINE – Adafruit, APRIL 2011.
- Packaging & Shipping – Where to get the goods – Is ULINE owned by Hall & Oates? – ladyada.net 2011.
- ALTERNATIVES TO ULINE #boycottuline – Google Doc.
- ALTERNATIVES TO ULINE – tell your departments! #boycottuline – Art Professors of America.
- Say NO to ULINE – Burlesque of North America.
- Shipping Supplies Cheaper than Uline – Etsy.
- Shipping supply alternatives to Uline? – Amazon seller services.
- First mention of #BoycottUline on twitter was June, 4 2014 – Twitter (latest).
- Uline is top donor to Roy Moore, Alabama Senate race – Chicago Tribune.
Email that was sent to Adafruit regarding our post 11/30/2017, I like many of the Hall and Oats songs on the free CD Uline sent me.
Alternatives to Uline shipping is a political post and the authors made it about Hall and Oats to hide the fact. It is kind of distasteful that you would USE me and others and potentially embarrass your readers because you are not up front about an agenda. The fact is the authors did not like the fact that uline makes political contributions and the post lets others unknowingly contribute to a political fight without telling them so. In real life, this is not professional because you are putting politics ahead of others business interests and by not telling people up front, you don’t care who gets embarrassed because they didn’t read all the links first. The authors used a company acting as a public relations firm to hide the fact. It is deceitful. I don’t care if you have political views but when you try to hide the fact and paint it as being about hall and outs, you have an agenda and it is not caring about us.
Additionally, someone claiming to be a reporter tweeted to us about all this recent #boycottuline stuff, we DM’ed back, but he did not contact us back. So to be super duper clear, I either have a time machine and knew this was all going to happen and told myself to post about Uline alternatives over 3+ years ago, OR, as we said over 3 years ago, we completely outgrew their products/pricing, customer support, and posted good deals and better suppliers than Uline to help other businesses and individuals, one must be true.