• Add new PythonProcessPanel to better handle interactions with child Python3 processes. Includes basic command history and command editing.
• Move the old “run” functionality in Python3 mode into a new “Debug” button.
• Create a new “Run” button in Python3 mode that uses the new PythonProcessPanel.
• Automation of 32bit and 64bit Windows installers (thanks to Thomas Kluyver for his fantastic pynsist tool).
• Add / revise developer documentation in light of changes above.
• (All the changes mentioned above were supported by the Raspberry Pi Foundation – Thank you!)
• Update / add USB PIDs for Adafruit boards (thanks Adafruit for the heads up).
• Minor cosmetic changes.
• Additional test cases.
Beta! (previous post). Just to get this somewhere, being able to write code from the CircuitPython “drive” with it auto-running on save *and* being able to have a REPL all in the same window is a fantastic coding experience. Lots of real-time, iteration, learning, and more, all in one spot for beginners. Good work Ntoll.
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.