“Creative Robot interactive Construction Kit”, is a board that you would use to drive motors, sensors, lights, and all kinds of stuff for your projects. This would work in conjunction with your Circuit Playground or FEATHER to allow you to create robotics without the hassle of figuring out all the additional circuits to do things like power your motors or do capacitive touch sensing.
The real magic is all the above is through a co-processor chip (adafruit seesaw) which manages everything via I2C. that means you can use it with an ESP8266 Feather or Circuit Playground Express, and only need 2 pins! You can make a full robotics project and not have to worry about managing PWMs, or NeoPixels, its all done for you and fully cross platform.
CRICKIT has everything makers want/need for their creative mechatronics or robotics project:
- 4 x standard servos (mini or large)
- 4 x high current ULN2003 ‘Darlington’ drive transistors with kickback diodes, great for relays, solenoids, large LEDs, single motors. can also drive a uni-polar stepper
- 8 x analog&digital digital I/O for connecting various sensors, buttons, LEDs etc. We have female socket headers so its easy to plug in jumpers & wires. matching power and ground pins on each
- 2 x bi-directional DC motor drivers (DRV8833) with PWM support and overcurrent limited to 1 Amp max each. can also be used to drive a bi-polar stepper
- 4 x capacitive touch pads
- 1 x Neopixel output with level shifter on output so its 5V logic
- 1 x mono class D speaker amp with volume adjust potentiometer
- 1 x 5V @ 4A DC power input with on/off switch. Power input protection, will automatically turn off when input voltage is about 5.5V – so no risk to smashing your board if you grab a 9V adapter by accident!
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Robotics manufacturer Anki shuts down
Wearables — Authentic shell business
Electronics — DRC Confusion
Biohacking — Senolytic Therapies
Python for Microcontrollers — Google Coral, the console worn as a badge, and more Python on hardware! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.