NEW PRODUCT – Purple Aluminum Chassis for TT Motors – 2WD
This royal undercarriage is made for the most noble, born in the purple robots! This Aluminum Chassis in Blinka purple makes for an excellent robot body. It’s a single piece of bent 2mm thick aluminum, with a variety of holes, slots and cutouts for mounting boards, sensors, and servos. The sides are notched to fit two DC Gear ‘TT’ motors perfectly – you’ll want to get four M3 or 4-40 screws in about 24mm/1.0″ to mount the motors. In the front you can screw on a ball caster. You can build a very sturdy (and quite handsome!) little robot rover with this metal frame.
- It’s made of aluminum so it’s light and strong
- The anodizing is quite attractive to boot
- Can be used to build a 2-wheel or 4-wheel robot
- Tons of mounting holes & slots!
- You can drill and cut aluminum so it’s easy to modify
- Won’t crack or break if it falls down the stairs (alright, it happens)
Remember, this is just the metal frame chassis! Motors, wheels, motor driver, microcontroller, etc are not included!
You’ll probably want to also pick up the following to complete the robot body.
Then you will also need a microcontroller and motor driver that can drive the 5V DC motors. We recommend one of the following
- Adafruit DC Motor & Stepper Shield for Arduino
- Adafruit DC Motor & Stepper FeatherWing
- Adafruit DC Motor & Stepper HAT for Raspberry Pi
- Adafruit TB6612 DC Motor driver (can drive two DC motors)
- Adafruit DRV8833 DC Motor driver (can drive two DC motors)
- Adafruit Crickit (there’s various types)
A matching microcontroller or microcomputer is also required!