Over on the Adafruit forums, user biod101 shares the construction of weatherproof, solar powered monitoring boxes for use in the harsh environmental conditions of southern Arizona.
- Solar-LiPo Charger https://www.adafruit.com/product/390
- Large 6V 3.5W Solar Panel https://www.adafruit.com/product/500
- 2500 mAh Lithium Ion Battery https://www.adafruit.com/product/328
- Thermistor https://www.adafruit.com/product/372
- Feather Terminal Breakout https://www.adafruit.com/product/2926
- Perma-proto Quarter Sized PCB Board https://www.adafruit.com/product/1608
- Standoffs https://www.adafruit.com/product/3299
- Cable Gland https://www.adafruit.com/product/762
- Water Tight Fitting https://www.mcmaster.com/#75145k33/=1d49vt3
- Wrap-Around Conduit https://www.mcmaster.com/#8796t22/=1d49yvr
- Breadboard https://www.adafruit.com/product/64
- Ram Mounts https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-104U
- Bud Industries NBF-32202 Economy Box https://www.amazon.com/BUD-Industries…
- Printable Electronics Baseplate under “Chapter 6”: http://www.biod101.com/arduino/part2.html
He modeled the build using the following guides in the Adafruit Learning System:
- Learning Section Links for Steps 1-4 Adafruit Lesson on Feather FONA: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-feather-32u4-fona
- Adafruit Lesson on Solar LiPo Charger https://learn.adafruit.com/usb-dc-and-solar-lipoly-charger
Finally, he started a thread in the Adafruit forums for soliciting improvements from the Adafruit Community: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=136455
This is an excellent example of using the educational materials available from Adafruit along with parts in the shop and forum support to complete a spectacular project build. Thank you for sharing!
Have you built something cool with Adafruit products? If so please post information in the comments or preferably in the Adafruit forums – we want to hear what you are up to!