This year’s oSTEM Conference will be held November 15-18 in Houston. The deadline for submissions is June 15!
We welcome proposals from all members of the LGBTQA+ and/or STEM community – especially proposals which explore intersections of identities and highlight marginalized perspectives. We encourage our students, sponsors, professionals, and all interested in furthering our mission to submit a proposal for our upcoming Conference this November in Houston.
oSTEM is dedicated to providing programming that is directed at both LGBTQA+ students and professionals in a variety of STEM fields. Programs that highlight the following have been requested by conference attendees:
- Sharing Technical Experiences and Expertise
- data science, applied mathematics, industry and academic research, environmental sciences
- Chapter Development and Student Leadership
- Engaging sponsors, campus programming, chapter development,
- Intersectional Identities
- issues impacting LGBTQA+ people who also identify as racial/ethnic minorities, gender minorities (including trans and non-binary communities), people with disabilities, etc.
- Career and Professional Development
- career pivots, branding yourself, academic careers, business skills
- LGBTQA Health and Wellness
- HIV/AIDS, queer health topics, LGBTQA+ and healthy mental living
- Professional and Advisor Enrichment
- Employee Resource Group best practices, roles and responsibilities of advisors, LGBTQA+ mentorship
- Other Various Topics
- Advocacy, faith & reason, and additional topics that address the needs of the community