As a massive Rick and Morty fan I really want a Portal Gun of my own, having looked about the current existing projects I thought I could add some extra features!
Have a Working (Visually anyway, still a ways of a real portal gun) Ricks Portal Gun this will include,
1. Working 4 Digit Seven Segment Display in Red
2. The display must be able to cycle through infinite dimensions and the key ones from the show!
3. Must be able to fire the portal gun causing front panel to light up indicating portal generation!
4. Portal Tube must be lit
5. Needs a self destruct button hidden in the handle!
6. Some way of charging the gun without disabling the device
7. Must look like the portal gun!
I’ve planned out a simple system flow diagram for how I think the device should work
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.