ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
When you start working with physical computing the first thing pretty much everybody does is to blink an LED on, and off, again. When things were harder, this was a rite of passage. Just to get to the stage where you could turn an LED on, and then off again, could take a week or more of hard work. The arrival of the Arduino changed all that, relegating it to a simple parlour trick, a “Hello World” of hardware.
These days things are different, and while we’re reaching the end of Moore’s Law, we haven’t quite got there yet. Over the last few years we’ve seen a bewildering explosion in the number of microcontroller and single board computers. People have experimented with form factors and processors, and pretty much every board now comes with radios, sometimes lots of radios.
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a short list of highlights:
- We celebrated National Women in Engineering Day (ok so technically this was last week…)
- We posted our hang out with Digi-Key in Discord for folks who weren’t able to tune in live. Join us for our last event July 12!
- Mike Barela put together a Robotic Owl Roundup
- ..oooh Trash Panda “game” Made with CRICKIT & CircuitPython
Build your own Minerva Owl Bot, powered by Crickit! Program her in CircuitPython to talk, look around, and flap her wings!
It doesn’t take exotic materials to build your own audio-animatronic, just a few paper cups, craft supplies, a couple of servos, and a Circuit Playground Express with Crickit, battery pack, and a speaker!
- Blues Playground
- Pi Hole Ad Detection Display with PiTFT
- DIY Compost Tumbler
- Automation with Crickit and Capsela
- Adding an Accelerometer to your FeatherWing Crickit
- Touch Tone for Circuit Playground Express
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!