This is how I modified a standard 100 Cigar humidor to provide constant humidity and temperature via WiFi. The pi part of the project could easily be adapted for any other use that requires a temperature and humidity sensor.
• Total cost around 125$ including 55$ for the unmodified humidor. You could do this cheaper
• Web interface providing temperature and humidity reading
• RESTful API to provide readings to other systems. (Screenshot above shows my ElasticSearch Kibana data feed)
• Configurable push alerts for temperature / humidity limits with both “warning” and “alert” levels.
• Push alert on open / closed lid (Know if someone is pilfering your cigars!)
• Buzzer on humidity or temperature outside of alert limits / clear buzzing with button.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!