ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
Thank you for joining us on Discord! We’re celebrating 7,000 members.
Join the Adafruit Discord community and be part of making, sharing, and helping each other out.
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a short list of highlights:
- Mike Barela introduced us to a Sun-Chasing Robot.
- We celebrated Malala Day!
- Ladyada published a Crickit Manifesto.
- We blogged about this super cool event that Coolest Projects will be hosting in California, this September.
This AdaBox is a pretty special one, it’s the first box where we’re introducing a new robotics platform and also (hopefully!) a new way to think about robotics.
Having an AdaBox dedicated to robotics (not just a single robot rover like we did in AdaBox 002) is a bit of a change. Yes, we’ve got tons of fun projects that you can build ‘out of the box’ but we’re hoping we can present you with more than just parts and tutorials.
This AdaBox is meant to be an inspiration to us humanoids – to Make Robot Friend not robot enemy or robot slave. Read more.
- Paper Craft Zoetrope with Crickit: Make a spinning optical illusion toy with some paper and a motor
- Adafruit Feather M4 Express: This Feather is fast like a swift, smart like an owl, strong like a ox-bird/li>
- Mount for CRICKIT: 3D print a mount for your robotics projects
- Stroboscopic Zoetrope: Use blinking light to animate spinning faces, all synced up by Crickit!
- Hammer Time Mini Golf Hazard with Crickit: Build a mini golf hole with crushing hammer hazard!
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!