ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is observed every year from September 15 to October 15. This is a time to share stories, learn about history and celebrate America’s diversity.
Every weekday this month the Adafruit blog will feature an important story or person for Hispanic Heritage Month, you can check in and follow along here!
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a short list of highlights:
- Jamie shared TrackTalk005: Deerful – “Bloom” with us
- Mike Barela posted about Boston College professor John Gallaugher’s usage of Circuit Playground Express with Business School Students
- Mikey Sklar broke done some more bio hacks for us: The State of DNA Analysis in Three Mindmaps
This project is a reuse of the project built in the Circuit Playground Express Perk-up Ears guide. It’s a good example of how you can find new and interesting ways to reuse or extend an cool bit of hardware.
So if you built the perk-up ears headband from that guide, charge up the battery, and plug in the USB cable. Otherwise, work thought that guide to build the servo-ears headband.
- The Things Network for Feather – Get connected to The Things Network by building a small weather node using a Feather M0 LoRa
- Adafruit NeoTrellis – Tile up some full color interactive buttons!
- Distance Measurement with Ultrasound – Using MakeCode on the Circuit Playground Express to measure distance with an HC-SR04 ultrasound sensor.
- Hallowing Minotaur Maze – 3D(ish) Graphics on a Microcontroller
- Build a Custom Front Panel – Your project works! Time to tuck it into a nice enclosure and create a front panel for all those knobs and lights.
- Make It Change: Potentiometers – Learn to use potentiometers (variable resistors) in your projects.
- Milk Jug Glow Skull – You can turn a milk jug into a light diffusing, screaming, inner-lit skull filled with HalloWing-driven NeoPixels
- reef-pi Guide 1: Setup and Demonstration – Installation and configuration of reef-pi, the open source reef tank controller, capable of automating AC equipment, DC pumps, LED lights and more
- reef-pi Guide 2: Power Controller – Learn to control AC equipment using reef-pi
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!