Cybercrime Magazine have been compiling an active list of ‘Women in Cybersecurity’ to follow on Twitter – the list is well over 850 accounts now and the installments can be found here.
Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of women in the cybersecurity field. The tally was up to 717 last week — and we’ve got another 55 this week, for a total of 772 to date.
Before we get to the latest list, here’s an insightful quote that was provided to our Cybercrime Reporter, Kerry Morgan, a few days ago:
“We’re at an inflection point in cybersecurity as to women both entering and advancing in the field. WICyS(Women in Cybersecurity) is working nationally to fund and architect this change. Diversity deeply drives competitive advantage — it will be a decisive lever in cybersecurity for leading organizations.” – Margaret Morton, Vice President at Société Générale, Founding Board of Directors at WICyS, and Forbes Technology Council Member.
Now, for the new names you’ve been waiting for…
Here’s a few sample inclusions, ranging from students to researchers to corporate executives and more!
- M Dennedy @mdennedy VP & CPO at Cisco. Co-author of The Privacy Engineer’s Manifesto. These are my own views & wonderings. USA
- Sharon Goldberg @goldbe founder/ceo, @CWCrypto. network security researcher and cs professor, boston university.
- researcher ruby @mostdays Just another InfoSec Researcher watching the world burn. (she/ her)
- Gabriela Dijkhoffz @GDijkhoffz @HackUCF | Aspiring Infosec | Writer for @Code_LikeAGirl 👩🏻💻 | 🇻🇪 | click below to read my latest article! Orlando, FL
- Caitlin @caitlin_ffb Broadcast Journalism Graduate. Watch my three part series on Cyber Crime here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_BQ9IMuAw … 🎥 Salford, England
- Claudia Martín @CLAVDIAmartin Copywriter: IT, Data Security, Law&Health. I love the Internet! Madrid
- Prachi Gupta @prchg Geek, Innovator, Hacker, problem solver, Director of Engineering @Linkedin, [in]cubator co-founder, forever curious (http://www.linkedin.com/in/prachigupta/ ) San francisco, CA
Today is Ada Lovelace Day! Today the world celebrates all of the accomplishments of women in science, art, design, technology, engineering, and math. Each year, Adafruit highlights a number of women who are pioneering their fields and inspiring women of all ages to make their voices heard. Today we will be sharing the stories of women that we think are modern day “Adas” alongside historical women that have made impacts in science and math.
Please promote and share #ALD18 with your friends and family so we can promote and share with all of the world wide web!