NEW PRODUCT – Raspberry Pi Model 3 A+
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is the latest board for the minimalist Pi fan. Like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, it boasts a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.3/BLE. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the model 3 B+, but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB ports. It’s still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software, and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets, so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector, and microUSB connector for power.
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there’s only one USB port and no ethernet jack, but it’s also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don’t include overhang from the connectors.
Don’t forget you’ll need a USB power supply with microUSB cable, and a microSD card with a Raspberry Pi OS on it (we suggest a Raspbian 4G card or NooBS 8G card)
Be sure to check out more of our awesome Raspberry Pi accessories including:
- Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus – The best way to break out your Pi’s pins into a breakout board. We also carry the Assembled T-Cobbler Plus that makes your breakout pins a bit easier to read but is less compact.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi A+ Case Smoke Base with Clear Top – this is a great case to keep your Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ safe and sound. Check out our range of A+ cases here! (Note: The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is not compatible with Pibow Royale.)
- 8GB Card – You will need to burn in the latest NooBs or Raspbian
- 5V @ 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6′ MicroUSB Cable – An all-in-one 5V 2A + MicroUSB cable power adapter that’s perfect for powering your pi
- HDMI cable – required to connect a Pi to a monitor and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. We also carry the flat version for a more sleek/stylish look.
- Keyboards and Mice – We have a range of wired and wireless options
- A wide range of accessories and essentials
- Various small displays as well as nice Pi-compatible HDMI monitors in a range of sizes, from 2.5″ to 10″
Shipping weight reflects UPS’ new dimensional weight regulations.
Also please note some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!