On Tuesday, February 26 8:30 am–11:30 am, Aaron Maurer will present a workshop entitled Circuit Playground = Iterative Education at NCCE:
This half day workshop will be spent exploring all the options available to you on the MakeCode. We will explore all the different applications of MakeCode with the Circuit Playground. We will go through a series of builds and learning cycles to empower you to be ready to incorporate the Circuit Playground into your classroom and school. (Attendees will receive a Circuit Playground kit with registration.)
1. Participants will be able to imagine and build creative circuits.
2. Participants will be able to build simple and effective programs using the free MakeCode coding program that will support a Circuit Playground design challenge.
3. Participants will learn how to create and solve open ended design challenges using the Circuit Playground.
4. Participants will learn how to build/use a variety of sensors that provide feedback.
5. Participants will explore how the Circuit Playground resources and methodologies support learning outcomes in their classroom.
6. Participants will explore these questions: Where do innovations come from? Can their emergence be influenced?
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.