Here is a circuit I designed, I call it the “Fullerwell”. It’s an 18 watt amp, basically a 5E3 preamp with cathodyne phase inverter mated to a Marshall model 1974 power amp. Built it in a 1×12 with a Jensen P12R but I’m sure a greenback would sound good too.
In the slides there are a few insignificant errata, here are a few I know of and I’d appreciate it if anyone spots something that looks off just let me know, thanks in advance.
1) slides 5&6, I didn’t have all of the necessary KiCad libraries so some of the switches may look odd or oddly wired in this schematic, just refer to the wiring diagrams, those are correct for the switches.
2) slides 5&6, same as previous for the transformers — they may look funny here because I cobbled them together from other transformer symbols in KiCad. I used the Heyboers listed on slides 8 and 16.
3) slides 5&6, same as previous for the rectifier tube. I used 6CA4 (EZ81) as listed on slide 9.
4) slide 19, R7 is listed as the PI tail load BUT R7 is actually the PI bias resistor.
5) slide 19, R18 is listed as “V2 Master Volume Leak” but there is no such thing, R18 is the PI tail load resistor.
6) slide 21, these photos were taken prior to some modifications I later made, slides 22 and 23 include the modifications (added a jumper on the B+ bus, the red wire; modified high side of R24, originally had it soldered before both voltage dropping resistors but it needed to be between them, so that’s why there is a black jumper wire in there now).
We are angry, frustrated, and in pain because of the violence and murder of Black people by the police because of racism. We are in the fight AGAINST RACISM. George Floyd was murdered, his life stolen. The Adafruit teams have specific actions we’ve done, are doing, and will do together as a company and culture. We are asking the Adafruit community to get involved and share what you are doing. The Adafruit teams will not settle for a hash tag, a Tweet, or an icon change. We will work on real change, and that requires real action and real work together. That is what we will do each day, each month, each year – we will hold ourselves accountable and publish our collective efforts, partnerships, activism, donations, openly and publicly. Our blog and social media platforms will be utilized in actionable ways. Join us and the anti-racist efforts working to end police brutality, reform the criminal justice system, and dismantle the many other forms of systemic racism at work in this country, read more @ adafruit.com/blacklivesmatter
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.