On the the 2.8″ PiTFT capacitive touchscreen, this device will show the current temperature, with the option of an additional save/hold temperature value or even a graph of the temperature over time.
The selections are made by pressing associated buttons on the PiTFT screen board and by touching the PiTFT screen.
– You can reset the timer, in case you want to start recording again – say after a false start or changing adjustment values.
– It creates a csv log file that can later be used offline, to build fancy graphs or spreadsheets for analysis purposes.
– Optionally, this Linux-based device can be shutdown and/or restarted at the touch of a single button, to avoid having to remove and replace the power supply connection.
– There is a handy flashing LED activity indicator, so that you can check if the software is alive: especially useful in “headless” mode.
– No Internet connection is required, because all of the timing is relative.
– Typical CPU utilization is less than 10% on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
For development purposes, the software can be tested on an attached X11 HDMI screen/keyboard (or via VNC) without access to the Adafruit PiTFT itself, by changing a single Python statement, though you will need the Adafruit Perma-Proto PiHat board with the Adafruit MAX31855 board attached to it.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.