ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
Planet Money’s most recent episode (#900!) tells a roller-coaster ride of international intrigue and counterfeit manufacturing.
The episode is a lot of fun and takes a few interesting turns (especially for a show about a glue company), but it also does a good job highlighting how complex the trade network is, and how hard it is for U.S. companies to deal with Chinese counterfeits. Spoiler alert, the story ends well for ABRO, but not all companies are so fortunate.
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a kinda short nearing medium length list of highlights:
- Trevor made a list of alllll the Adafruit apps!
- As usual, PT shared some excellent finds, like this illustrated tribute to each state’s most endangered wildlife and this USPS Forever 21 apparel!
- This week Make Barela talked Raster CRT Typography in #VintageComputing
- We also closed our Women’s History Month coverage. No worries though, you can scroll through our archives =)
- Check out MakerBuoy!
- Mikey Sklar ventured into the realm of caffeine biohacking
This simple project adds a little color to your life with CircuitPython, PyPortal and NeoPixels. Add two NeoPixel strips to your PyPortal, and display colored buttons that you can touch to set the LED colors. Wave your hand over the PyPortal light sensor to switch between controlling each strip separately or both together.
- PyPortal Astronauts in Space
- Tappy Robotic Hand
- PyPortal Oblique Strategies
- Currying in CircuitPython
- PyPortal Alarm Clock
- PyPortal Bitcoin Display
- Itertools for CircuitPython
- PyPortal Smart Thermometer with Analog Devices ADT7410, Adafruit IO and CircuitPython
- IoT Motion and Temperature Logger with the Analog Devices ADXL343 + ADT7410 Sensor FeatherWing and Adafruit IO
- Using the Slamtec RPLIDAR on a Raspberry Pi
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!