The MacroFab Engineering Podcast (MEP) Episode #166 features an interview with Ken and Chip Gracey of Parallax Inc.
Parallax Inc. is a privately held company in Rocklin, California. Parallax Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells BASIC Stamp microcontrollers, Propeller microcontrollers, microcontroller accessories (such as LCDs, sensors, RF modules, etc.), educational robot kits, and educational curriculum.
The podcast will discuss:
- Starting Products
- Apple IIgs memory cards
- EPROM emulators for microcontroller development
- PIC Tools
- Basic Stamp
- SX chip
- Parallax Prop 2
- What makes it special compared to other microcontrollers?
- P2 VS P1?
- Feature Set
- Programming Languages?
- What does it take to design semiconductors?
- Software packages
- What document package do you send to the fabricator?
- Process Size?
- What is automated and what is done by hand?
- Testing and validation
- When can people get there hands on one?
- Community around the company
- Parallax Forum
- Beta Testing?
- Best story of the Parallax Adventure so far?