NEW PRODUCT – 4-H Circuit Playground Express Base Kit
We are super pleased to enjoy a partnership with an engaging, empowering foundation like 4-H. Here at Adafruit we drive ourselves to “be excellent”, and 4-H’s motto is “to make the best better.” Though typically thought of as an agriculturally focused organization, 4-H today focuses on citizenship, healthy living, science, engineering, and technology programs. As far as inspiring the next generation of makers and leaders, we like to think we have a lot in common!
It’s the 4-H Circuit Playground Express Base Kit! It provides the few things you’ll need to get started with the new Circuit Playground Express. This version of Circuit Playground is super powered, and will work with Microsoft MakeCode, CircuitPython, code.org CS Discoveries or Arduino IDE.
You can use Circuit Playground Express with code.org CS Discoveries, but we recommend this code.org Individual Pack which has the alligator clips and LEDs you’ll need to follow all the lessons.
- 4-H Circuit Playground Express
- USB cable – A/MicroB – 3ft
- 3 x Alkaline AAA batteries
- 3 x AAA Battery Holder with On/Off Switch, JST, and Belt Clip
- Mini Storage Box
About Circuit Playground Express:
Because you can program the same board in 3 different ways – the Express has great value and re-usability. From beginners to experts, Circuit Playground Express has something for everyone. If you are looking for our original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.
Here’s some of the great goodies baked in to each Circuit Playground:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, labeled A and B
- 1 x Slide switch
- Infrared receiver and transmitter – can receive and transmit any remote control codes, as well as send messages between Circuit Playground Expresses. Can also act as a proximity sensor.
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output
- Green “ON” LED so you know its powered
- Red “#13” LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!