“National 4‑H Council announced a new $6 million collaboration with Google to bring computer science (CS) education to underserved youth across the country. The collaboration will expand the 4‑H Computer Science (CS) Career Pathway to reach more than one million youth over the next three years, with a focus on rural youth and populations that have traditionally had limited access to CS education.”
“RYOR, Okla. (AP) — Google has announced a $600 million expansion project at a data center in Pryor, Oklahoma, and a $6 million grant for computer science education for students in 4-H chapters in rural areas of 20 states. The announcement was made Thursday outside the data center. The expansion project is expected to add about 100 jobs to the more than 400 now employed at the center that opened in 2011. National 4-H Council President Jennifer Sirangelo said the grant through Google.org will focus on computer science training for an estimated 1 million children in rural areas that have limited access to computer science education. Google CEO Sundar Pichai said the grant will be used to teach coding and leadership skills to students.”
Google’s funding will expand 4-H’s Computer Science Career Pathway (PDF) to reach more than one million youth over the next three years.
- 4‑H and Google Inspire Kids to Discover Technology – 4-h.
- Google and 4‑H Work Together to Provide the Opportunity to Learn Computer Science – 4-h.
- 4‑H & Google Expand Access to Free Computer Science Education to One Million Youth Across the Country – 4-H.
- Google makes $6 million grant to bring computer science education to underserved youth – FOX News.
- Google announces Oklahoma expansion, computer science grant – Houston Chronicle.
- Adafruit Circuit Playground Express 4-H edition approved! – Adafruit.
- National 4-H Youth Maker Summit uses Adafruit Circuit Playground Express – Adafruit.
- The Circuit Playground Express Base Kit is now available through 4-H! – Adafruit.
- Microsoft teams with Brown County 4-H to inspire a local digital revolution – Adafruit.
- 4-H, electronics, makers, holland lops, silkie chickens & more… – Adafruit.
We look forward to helping 4-H in the efforts and thank Google.org for an amazing grant to 4-H!