Adafruit Industries is looking for a full time Internal Web Developer to work at Adafruit Headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
You will help build and maintain our custom-built product lifecycle management (PLM) tools and in-house E-commerce system. You will work closely with Adafruit team members to design, develop, and maintain software that interacts with every aspect of our business.
- Internal ERP (enterprise resource planning) software development for several business areas including inventory, logistics, manufacturing, product lifecycle, shipping, and financial accounting.
- Development of internal tools and reports for on-site staff.
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading existing software.
- Gathering and evaluating user feedback.
- Creating technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Expert-Level skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a Software Developer or similar role.
- PHP on the LAMP/LEMP stack.
- Communication; ability to derive project requirements from non-technical descriptions, iterating quickly while keeping communication with the team.
- Troubleshooting; both independently and through asking questions.
Familiarity-Level skills and experience:
- Test-driven software design and development.
- Reading, understanding, and maintaining legacy code.
- Designing and deploying your own applications from the ground up.
- Revision control and collaboration with Git / GitHub.
- Iterating quickly, in constant communication with the team.
- A passion for the intricacies of running a small, modern business. From predictive inventory management to rapid A/B testing for UX-oriented web design, you should geek out about something that we do here!
Bonus-Level skills and experience:
- Are you active on GitHub? Send us your username!
- Unix scripting skills in any language.
- Web frameworks such as AngularJS.
- Python, Ruby on Rails, and Bootstrap are used quite a bit.
- If possible, please send us a code sample of something you’re particularly proud of creating and tell us why you’re proud of it!
About the Team: The Internal Development Team is a small (currently four person) department at the heart of all internal systems and development at Adafruit, complemented by several talented off-site developers. Code is written, QA’d, and deployed very quickly, with as many deployments made during a single day as necessary. We’re always willing to adopt new technologies as they become appropriate, and each team member is responsible for the design and implementation of their own projects. Hours can be flexible, although a 40-hour work week is expected from each team member. We value live/work balance and it is rare, if ever, that team members work more than 40-hours per week.
Adafruit was founded in 2005 by MIT hacker & engineer, Limor “Ladyada” Fried. Her goal was to create the best place online for learning electronics and making the best designed products for makers of all ages and skill levels. Adafruit has grown to over 100+ employees in the heart of NYC with a 50,000+ sq ft. factory. Adafruit is a 100% woman owned company and does not have any loans or VC funding.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!