ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
News from the Adafruit factory in New York! Broadcast July 10, 2019. . .
Adafruit broadcasts the weekly ASK an ENGINEER video show and this is the segment on items or concept products that may/might/could be introduced into the Adafruit store in the future (or not)! It’s not out yet, so please don’t ask questions or ask when it’ll be available. You may keep an eye on the Adafruit new products list to see what has been put in the store or that may be coming soon. See more!
- Adam Savage’s One Day Builds: Hero Prop for TV Show!
- Mike Barela blogged about a real working sick-bay display with original series sound #StarTrek
- Summer STEM Activities Bucket List – 20 STEM Challenges For Summer!
- DIY Smart Glasses Built with a Raspberry Pi Zero W
Simple Vertical Wordclock: This simple vertical version on the ever-popular wordclock spells out the time by illuminating rows of words. Reading from top to bottom, any five minute increment of time can be spelled out by illuminating some combination of these rows. (Credit to Twitter user @3d0g for this concept.)
This project uses a laser engraved piece of acrylic paired with a cardboard stand and is lit by a strip of NeoPixels powered by a Feather M4 Express board with a Precision Real Time Clock FeatherWing keeping time even if the clock is disconnected from power. See more!
- 3D Printing on Diffraction Grating Sheets
- PyPortal Halloween Countdown
- CircuitPython Powered AT Hand-Raiser
- PYOA for PyGamer/PyBadge – Adding Cursor Support to CircuitPython
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!