ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
AdaBox is a curated quarterly subscription service centered around products from the Adafruit ecosystem and is designed for makers of all levels, with a special focus on folks just starting out.
Check out the full post here!
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a kinda short nearing medium length list of highlights:
- CircuitPython boards at Micro Center – now you’re in the know!
- 3D Hangouts is 5 Years Old! Cheers!
- Miss PyOhio? No sweat, see Kattni’s keynote here!
- Teddy shared some thoughts on the effects of the current trade war
- For this week’s Machine Learning Monday we covered setting up an open speech recording website
- This week in biohacking – Mikey Sklar covered automating recovery analysis for sleep and exercise data
- And of course, we can’t forget about back to school month! See what we’ve covered so far here.
Put an Adafruit Gemma M0 to work as you attach 120 Adafruit NeoPixels to the lapels of a vintage band jacket.
In a nutshell, this project starts by soldering small sections of NeoPixels into two longer strips and arrange them into a matrix formation. Add a clicky button to a Gemma M0 to showcase some beautiful animations and pick a brightness setting. Connect the two strips of NeoPixels to the Gemma M0, utilizing Mark Kriegsman’s special XY mapping code to tell the Gemma the location of each pixel. Finally, protect the strips from the elements, and attach it to a costume jacket. Whether you’re headed to TTITD (that thing in the desert aka burning man) or leading a marching band, this wearable is sure to make you the star of any event.
- PyPortal Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock
- Build your own BeBox and run BeOS using Virtualbox
- Best Beginner Boards for Teachers
- Setting up an Open Speech Recording Website
- Plantagotchi: PyBadge Plant Monitor
- Adafruit VCNL4040 Proximity Sensor
- Adafruit DS3502 I2C Digital Potentiometer
- NeoPixel Badge Lanyard with Bluetooth LE
- Zelda Master Sword
- Updated Guide! PyGamer Snap Fit Case
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!