ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
Meet Device Simulator Express, #PythonSim a @MSFTGarage project, built by Garage interns that makes it easier to program the @adafruit Circuit Playground Express in #Python, with or without a physical device
OK! Big news! Meet Device Simulator Express, a Microsoft Garage project, built by Garage interns that makes it easier to program the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express in Python / CircuitPython, with or without a physical device!
This summer 16 groups of Garage interns tackled interesting engineering challenges ranging from making apps more accessible to VR solutions for cybersecurity. One of them was sponsored by the Python Tools for AI team and electronics paragon Adafruit to and set out to make programming embedded solutions for IoT devices simpler and more available to a broader audience.
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a kinda short nearing medium length list of highlights:
- Becca brought us Emoji ENHANCE with Progressive Face Super-Resolution
- Did ya hear about The @GrowBeyondEarth maker contest — plant projects in space! @FairchildGarden @NASA #SPACEgarden Teddy posted about?
- Ben (and Eric 😉) want you to Organize to Optimize!
- Mike Barela shared this vid of Bob Moog on ‘To Tell The Truth’
- Mike Barela also shared this Harry Potter Dueling Wands project that is full of Adafruit 😻
- Kelly helped us celebrate Women’s Equality Day!
- Last week of #BackToSchool – may your endeavors be fruitful, folks
- Biohacking this week – Mikey Sklar covers Ear Based Heart Rate Monitoring
Anatomical 3D Printed Beating Heart with MakeCode
This 3D printed heart beats rhythmically, powered by a servo motor and a Circuit Playground Express board connected to a potentiometer, which allows the user to increase or decrease the heart rate.
- Getting Started with Braille Output for CircuitPython REPL
- NeoTrellis Feather Case Assembly
- Using WebUSB with Arduino and TinyUSB
- Datalogging and File Storage in MakeCode
- Cranky Adabot Solder Dispenser
- Building an Infrared Transmitter and Receiver Board
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!