NEW PRODUCT – AdaBox013 – THE MONSTER M4SK
I was hacking in the lab quite late one night – soldering pins and debugging the bytes
When suddenly a bang exploded with sparks, and a figure emerged from the hazy dark!
(It wore a mask) It wore a monster mask!
(The monster mask) Its eyes were LCD glass
(It wore a mask) It had some chips on the back
(The monster mask) And a sweet solder mask
This Halloween you will be the spookiest in town thanks to ADABOX 13! Cat eyes, or monster peepers…The MONSTER M4SK board included in this BOX can be customized with different eyeball and sound effects to bring your costume or cosplay to life. You can wear the M4SK as a set of goggles, or break it apart to have two independent eyes. Pair it with one of the blank masks included for you to decorate, or perhaps outfit a ghost, skeleton or pumpkin decoration!
Who is this for?
Anyone who is interested in learning how to program and build interactive projects, and with access to a modern web browser. That’s pretty much the minimum.
You don’t need to know a lot of physics or math, and just like an Art Degree isn’t required for making art and being creative, you don’t need to have a computer science or mechanical engineering degree. It helps if you’re comfortable using computers but that’s a skill most people pick up through life.
If you know how to program already – great! If not, don’t worry, we’ll teach you enough to be dangerous, yet effective!
Please note! This is NOT the subscription version of AdaBox! This version does not include free shipping. If you’d like to subscribe to AdaBox, please visit the AdaBox page!
If you’re an international customer (outside of the UK, France, and Germany), this is currently the only way to get an AdaBox (for now – we’re working on it!)
- THE MONSTER M4SK – The star of this ADABOX is a double-TFT microcontroller board that will give your costume or mask a pair of beautiful eyes. Features a SAM51 120MHz processor, 8 MB of FLASH, stereo audio out, speaker output, microphone input, 3 selection buttons, STEMMA connectors for digital/analog/I2C and of course two IPS 240×240 TFT displays
- 2 x Plastic Lenses – When placed over the displays, these will both protect the TFT and enhance the eye effect
- Acrylic Cut Lens Holders + Hardware Kit – These cut pieces, when attached with the included nylon screws, hold the plastic lenses in place.
- Lithium Polymer Battery – 3.7V 420mAh – The M4SK can be powered with this battery for portable use, and will recharge it automatically when plugged into USB
- 8 Ohm 1 Watt Speaker – Plug into the M4SK to create sound effects
- Microphone + 4 Wire Cable – The microphone can plug into the M4SK for audio input
- 9 Wire Cable – If you like, you can break the nose-bridge from the M4SK and then use this extension cable to keep the eyes electrically connected
- Elastic Band + Tri-glides – The elastic goes through the M4SK lens holder slots so you can more easily wear it on your head.
- Blank Masks – Use these with the M4SK or on their own.
- Decoration Kit – Decorate your masks or costume with a paint and glitter kit
Visit adafruit.com/adabox013 for a special unboxing.
Visit learn.adafruit.com/adabox013 for AdaBox tutorials.
Visit forums.adafruit.com/adabox to discuss your projects.