Looks like there is an (online) event called Growing Your Open Business – A Digital Meetup for Open Hardware Month. I signed up to check it out and will try to attend, hoping there are some specific stats from businesses that will be presented (and a list of the founders and executives), here are the details from the form…
Growing Your Open Business | Digital Meetup for Open Hardware Month
This digital meetup is a working session for leaders at companies who have a connection to Open Source Hardware. This is a small event with a focused conversation on sales and marketing for business growth. From CRMs and content to channels and CTRs, join us to share, learn, and network!
Event Timing: Tuesday October 22, 2019 at 10 AM Pacific
Event Address: https://meet.jit.si/GrowingYourOpenBusiness
Hosts: Harris Kenny and Shawn Hymel
This event is not formally associated with the Open Source Hardware Association (OSHWA). To learn more about Open Hardware Month, visit: http://ohm.oshwa.org/
The OSHWA Code of Conduct will be in effect and will be enforced as-needed. You can find the Code of Conduct online here: http://2018.oshwa.org/code-of-conduct/
When we say Open Source Hardware, we mean the v1.0 definition by OSHWA, which can be found online here: https://www.oshwa.org/definition
By registering, you agree to receiving reminders about the event. To participate, you will use Jitsi in your web browser. Learn more about Jitsi here: https://jitsi.org/user-faq/
Open source hardware month @ Adafruit:
- Growing Your Open Business – A Digital Meetup for Open Hardware Month – Day 19, 10/19/2019.
- Open-source hardware at the Museum of Modern Art, posted on 10/19/2019 – Day 18, 10/18/2019.
- Open Source Hardware Month at SparkFun – Day 16, 10/16/2019.
- Post not done yet – Day 15, 10/15/2019.
- The RepRap Project Self-Replicating Open-Source 3D Printing – Day 14, 10/13/2019.
- The first 2 orders at Adafruit… now up to 2,161,166 orders – Day 13, 10/13/2019.
- Photos of the first Arduino (2005) – Day 12, 10/12 2019.
- In 2010 there were 13 Open Source Hardware companies that were making $1 million or more… – Day 11, 10/11/2019
- Opening Hardware 2010 at Eyebeam in NYC – Day 10, 10/10/2019.
- The Open Source Gift Guide, the early years – Day 9, 10/9/2019 (posted it on 10/10/2019, whoops)
- Before the iPhone, before the Raspberry Pi, before Amazon Echo Show, there was Chumby – Day 8, 10/8/2019.
- Mitch Altman Open-source hardware pioneer – Day 7, 10/7/2019.
- The Open Source logo(s) – Day 6, 10/6/2019.
- Open Source Hardware events all month long, EVENTS! – Day 5, 10/5/2019.
- Open Source Hardware Certifications and more! – Day 4, 10/4/2019.
- Teuthis Open Source MP3 Player 2001 – Daisy by Raphael Abrams – Day 3, 10/3/2019.
- What is the Open-Source Hardware Definition? – Day 2, 10/2/2019.
- Open hardware summit – Limor “Ladyada” Fried keynote 2010 – Day 1, 10/1/2019.
Open Hardware Licenses CC BY-SA, CERN, TAPR … – Day 17, 10/17/2019.
October is open-source hardware month! Every single day in October we’ll be posting up some open-source stories from the last decade (and more!) about open-source hardware, open-source software, and beyond!
Have an open-source hardware (or software) success story? A person, company, or project to celebrate? An open-source challenge? Post up here in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be looking for, and using the tag #OHM2019 online as well! Check out all the events going on here!