All month long we’ve looked at some of the history of open-source hardware and many of the companies/people that have helped get us all here. Today is about the future! One of the more recent companies in the open-source hardware world that I’ve been really delighted to see is ElectronicCats. ElectronicCats designs, creates, and shares open hardware, made in México.
Check out their product line up and their events/social/blog. They get it, they’re building and sharing some of the best open-source hardware, these folks are the future. And by that I mean we’ll see more international efforts, and more creativity infused in to the community specifically because of their efforts.
They’ve also been quick to adopt where the community is going with python on hardware. Meow Meow is a fantastic and fun board.
Check out their recent post on the grams’ too… Nos gusta el hardware libre y el software libre, hoy te explicamos un poco que es (We like free hardware and free software, today we explain a bit..).
Who is Electronic Cats? From their about section …
Diseñamos y creamos hardware libre para makers, aficionados y profesionales de todos los niveles.
Nos enorgullecemos de los diferentes productos que tenemos que acercan la tecnología a nuevas generaciones y ayudan a crecer la comunidad maker de México con buenos precios, el mejor servicio al cliente, soporte técnico y envío rápido en cada uno de los pedidos. Esperamos que poder ayudarte en cada paso de tu viaje de aprendizaje!!!
We design and create free hardware for manufacturers, amateurs and professionals of all levels.
We take pride in the different products we have to bring technology, new generations and help grow, the Mexican community with good prices, the best customer service, technical support and fast shipping in each of the orders. We hope we can help you every step of your learning journey!
- ElectronicCats – GitHub.
- ElectronicCats @electronicats – Twitter.
- ElectronicCats @electronicats – Instagram.
- ElectronicCats – Facebook.
Open source hardware month @ Adafruit:
- 10 years ago we tried to make an open source flash light to make us puke … – Day 24, 10/24/2019.
- Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories – Day 23, 10/23/2019.
- MicroPython, bringing Python to hardware for everyone – Day 22, 10/22/2019.
- Open Hardware Month Hack Chat at Hackaday.io – Day 21, 10/21/2019.
- Parallax Open-source hardware – Day 20, 10/20/2019.
- Growing Your Open Business – A Digital Meetup for Open Hardware Month – Day 19, 10/19/2019.
- Open-source hardware at the Museum of Modern Art, posted on 10/19/2019 – Day 18, 10/18/2019.
- Open Hardware Licenses CC BY-SA, CERN, TAPR … – Day 17, 10/17/2019.
- Open Source Hardware Month at SparkFun – Day 16, 10/16/2019.
- How many Open-Source Prusa 3D printers are there? Posted on 10/19/2019 – Day 15, 10/15/2019.
- The RepRap Project Self-Replicating Open-Source 3D Printing – Day 14, 10/13/2019.
- The first 2 orders at Adafruit… now up to 2,161,166 orders – Day 13, 10/13/2019.
- Photos of the first Arduino (2005) – Day 12, 10/12 2019.
- In 2010 there were 13 Open Source Hardware companies that were making $1 million or more… – Day 11, 10/11/2019
- Opening Hardware 2010 at Eyebeam in NYC – Day 10, 10/10/2019.
- The Open Source Gift Guide, the early years – Day 9, 10/9/2019 (posted it on 10/10/2019, whoops)
- Before the iPhone, before the Raspberry Pi, before Amazon Echo Show, there was Chumby – Day 8, 10/8/2019.
- Mitch Altman Open-source hardware pioneer – Day 7, 10/7/2019.
- The Open Source logo(s) – Day 6, 10/6/2019.
- Open Source Hardware events all month long, EVENTS! – Day 5, 10/5/2019.
- Open Source Hardware Certifications and more! – Day 4, 10/4/2019.
- Teuthis Open Source MP3 Player 2001 – Daisy by Raphael Abrams – Day 3, 10/3/2019.
- What is the Open-Source Hardware Definition? – Day 2, 10/2/2019.
- Open hardware summit – Limor “Ladyada” Fried keynote 2010 – Day 1, 10/1/2019.
October is open-source hardware month! Every single day in October we’ll be posting up some open-source stories from the last decade (and more!) about open-source hardware, open-source software, and beyond!
Have an open-source hardware (or software) success story? A person, company, or project to celebrate? An open-source challenge? Post up here in the comments or email [email protected], we’ll be looking for, and using the tag #OHM2019 online as well! Check out all the events going on here!