NEW PRODUCTS – Sony Spresense – Main Board / Extension Board / Camera Board
Coming soon! Sign up to be notified when we have these in the store.
First up, the main board!
SPRESENSE is a low-power board computer for the IoT that is equipped with a GPS receiver and supports High-Resolution Audio codecs. The board allows for IoT versatility and can be developed for a vast range of uses, such as a drone utilizing the GPS and high-performance processor, a smart speaker utilizing High-Resolution Audio recording and playback as well as the built-in full-digital amplifier, or a low-power time-lapse camera utilizing the camera interface. SPRESENSE will make the IoT smarter and more efficient.
Here’s a compact development board based on Sony’s power-efficient multicore microcontroller CXD5602. It allows developers to create applications in a very short time and is supported by the Arduino IDE as well as the more advanced NuttX based SDK.
- Integrated GPS – The embedded GNSS with support for GPS, QZSS and GLONASS enables applications where tracking is required.
- Hi-res audio output and multi mic inputs – Advanced 192kHz/24 bit audio codec and amplifier for audio output, and support for up to 8 mic input channels.
- Multicore microcontroller – Spresense is powered by Sony’s CXD5602 microcontroller (ARM® Cortex®-M4F × 6 cores), with a clock speed of 156 MHz.
Despite its compact footprint of only 6.5 x 6.5mm, Sony’s CXD5602 microcontroller runs 6 ARM Cortex-M4F cores with a clock speed of up to 156MHz and has an integrated GPS. Thanks to the FD-SOI (Fully Depleted Silicon On Insulator) production process, the CXD5602 chip is very power efficient which enables battery-dependent use cases.
You’ll also want to take advantage of its complementary extension board!
Spresense is a compact development board based on Sony’s power-efficient multicore microcontroller CXD5602. It allows developers to create IoT applications in a very short time and is supported by the Arduino IDE as well as the more advanced NuttX based SDK. The Spresense Extension Board has the following connectors in addition to Arduino Uno compatible pin sockets:
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- MicroSD card (not included, but we carry ’em in the store)
- Extra USB port
- Multiple microphone pins
Note: This is just the extension board. You’ll need the main board as well.
And lastly, the camera board
The latest addition to Spresense‘s hardware ecosystem is the Spresense Camera Board that connects directly to the main board’s camera interface.
The Spresense camera board has the Sony ISX012 image sensor mounted with a lens. The Sony ISX012 has an effective pixel count of 5.11M pixels and an onboard encoder that can acquire pictures in JPEG, RAW, Y/C or RGB format.
More on the Sony ISX012 image sensor:
- Sensor type: 1/4 type CMOS image sensor
- Effective pixel: 5.11M pixels
- Recording pixel: 5.04M pixels
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 40～800
- Scene selection: 12 preset
- Exposure control mode: Auto, Shutter priority, ISO sensitivity priority, Long time AE
- Photometry: Multi pattern, Center weight, Average, Spot
- Exposure compensation: ±2EV, 1/3 EV steps
- Shutter speed range: 1/8 s (long AE mode) to 1/42000 s
- White balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloud, Fluorescent, Lamp
- Focus control: Auto, Single AF, Continuous AF, Manual control
- Output still picture format: JPEG(4:2:2), Y/Cb/Cr, YUV, RGB, RAW, JPEG+YUV(thumbnail)
- Still data rate: 5M pixel 15 frame/s JPEG output
- Movie data rate: SVGA 30 frame/s YCbCr output
- HD movie support: 1080p(1920×1030 30 frame/s), 720p(1208×720 60 frame/s)
JPEG output, JPEG+YCbCr output
Note: This is just the camera board. You’ll need the main board as well.