ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
Reinvented Magazine, Women in STEM: Issue 2 LADIES WHO HACK arrived today and it features our Ladayada on the cover! Women in STEM – Reinvented Magazine. You can subscribe to print for all of 2020, or subscribe to digital. You can also get the second issue featuring our Ladyada “Ladies who Hack” on the cover as a print edition or digital edition.
- A business card which runs Linux #Linux #MicroPython
- A Beginner’s Guide to Microcontrollers by Jen Fox @jenfoxbot
- How to start a script at start-up on a Raspberry Pi #Learnsomething
- The MakeCode monthly newsletter is coming out soon, sign up now #MakeCode
Twinkly Earwarmer Headband
Sew up a little warmth and seasonal cheer with a string of LEDs or programmable NeoPixels! Nobody likes hat hair, but that’s no reason to let your ears freeze! Earwarmers are the perfect compromise — cute and warm, but plenty of room for your hair to breathe free.
And by doubling the fabric to create a tube, you’ve got a handy place to hide a small battery holder — enough to power a string of festive LEDs or stitch on some programmable NeoPixels!
This super-simple project lets you dress up your winter wear three different ways:
- Use basic embroidery stitches to add a string of LEDs on a lovely silver wire, no coding required!
- Go a little fancier with color-changing NeoPixels controlled by a Gemma M0 programmed in easy-to-learn Microsoft MakeCode.
- For a challenge, weave a little CircuitPython magic into the Gemma to tap into a secret temperature sensor that shows you the chill factor in colored NeoPixels.
- Adafruit PyPortal Titano – IoT in a BIG way!
- Wooden NeoPixel Xmas Tree
- CircuitPython Libraries and Jupyter Notebook on any Computer with MCP2221
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!