NEW PRODUCT – Arduino Starter Kit from Arduino.cc
The Arduino Starter Kit provides an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It contains all of the essential components required to start programming with the Arduino Uno board, and a guidebook featuring 15 different projects, which are designed to evolve the user from beginner to professional level. The starter kit has been developed together with a series of video tutorials hosted by Arduino co-founder Massimo Banzi.
This kit features 15 simple projects that show you how to use Arduino to turn an idea into reality. More importantly, it provides the basic knowledge and tools that can bring out your inner genius and fuel your creativity forever.
You’ll see it doesn’t take a lot of complicated mechanics or electronics to make something fun, to make things respond to the world around them, or to spark people’s imagination. All that is called for is this kit, a few everyday items, and your own unique ideas. Because great interactive projects need more than just wires and components – they need smart makers, like you.
Projects you can make:
- 01 GET TO KNOW YOUR TOOLS an introduction to the basics
- 02 SPACESHIP INTERFACE design the control panel for your starship
- 03 LOVE-O-METER measure how hot-blooded you are
- 04 COLOR MIXING LAMP produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
- 05 MOOD CUE clue people in to how you’re doing
- 06 LIGHT THEREMIN create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- 07 KEYBOARD INSTRUMENT play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- 08 DIGITAL HOURGLASS a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- 09 MOTORIZED PINWHEEL a colored wheel that will make your head spin
- 10 ZOETROPE create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- 11 CRYSTAL BALL a mystical tour to answer all your tough questions
- 12 KNOCK LOCK tap out the secret code to open the door
- 13 TOUCHY-FEEL LAMP a lamp that responds to your touch
- 14 TWEAK THE ARDUINO LOGO control your personal computer from your Arduino
- 15 HACKING BUTTONS create a master control for all your devices!
Once you’ve mastered this, you’ll have a palette of software and circuits that you can use to create something beautiful and make someone smile with what you invent. Then build it, hack it, and share it! You can easily find the Arduino code for all these projects within the Arduino IDE, click on File / Examples / 10.StarterKit.
Take a look at these video tutorials for a project by project walk-through.