ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
This Expansion board is designed for the Seeed Xiao, and since the QT Py is pin compatible we thought we’d try it out with the RP2040 QT Py we just released to see how it works with CircuitPython. The RP2040 has toooons more flash and RAM than the SAMD21 so it’s a great little add-on! There’s a 128×64 OLED, button, piezo beeper, battery charger and booster, SD card and RTC.
Check out the full post here!
Keeping with tradition, we covered quite a bit this past week. Here’s a kinda short nearing medium length list of highlights:
- Possible to send PPE to India Makerspaces / Hackerspaces? Maybe we can help…
- Here are some free things to do after getting vaccinated
- Adafruit in Space: UNISAT-7 Breakout
- Adafruit is a PyCon 2021 participating sponsor
- Testing out CircuitPython library support for U2IF on Pico
- Catch up with Collin’s Lab Notes
- Language Map of NYC
- A Brief History of Pulp Fiction
- A high school student’s consumer seismometer delivers low-cost earthquake early warning
- The Animated Medical Illustrations of Ni-ka Ford
- McTesla – A Strange Mini Tesla Coil
Make a custom USB-HID keypad in the shape of a citrus fruit. This keypad features six mechanical switches for controlling media players like Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, etc. Powered by the Adafruit QT Py RP2040 and CircuitPython.
Inside the case is a NeoPixel Jewel that slowly fades in and out making the keypad illuminate. The QT Py and NeoPixel are housed in a 3D printed case with parts that snap fit together.
See the full guide here!
- Creating FunHouse Projects with CircuitPython
- Neo Trinkey Zoom Shortcuts
- Sound Reactive Sunflower Baby Crib Mobile with Bluetooth Control
- Adafruit FunHouse
- FunHouse Motion Detecting Lights with LIFX Bulbs
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!