From the GitHub release page:
This is CircuitPython 7.1.0-rc.0, the initial release candidate for CircuitPython 7.1.0. We believe it is stable, but want to give time for further testing.
Notable additions to 7.1.0 since 7.0.0
- Initial port for Raspberry Pi Broadcom-based boards.
- Preliminary support for
bitmaptools: dithering and alphablend are new.
keypad.Events now include timestamps.
framebufferio: support for IS31FL3741.
- Espressif now provides
I2CPeripheral, WiFi monitor mode, setting MAC address, ESP32-C3 support,
- HID now provides boot device and feature report support.
rotaryionow allows setting the divisor of counts per transition.
- SAMD now provides
- SAMx5 boards now all have sleep support.
- The STM port now provides STM32L4R5 support.
- MicroPython 1.17 has been merged in.
- Russian translation.
Download from circuitpython.org
Try the latest version of the Mu editor for creating and editing your CircuitPython programs and for easy access to the CircuitPython serial connection (the REPL).
Documentation is available in readthedocs.io.
CircuitPython has a number of "ports" that are the core implementations for different microcontroller families. Stability varies on a per-port basis. As of this release,
stm for the F4 family are stable.
stm for other STM chip families is being actively improved but may be missing functionality and have bugs.
broadcom (Raspberry Pi),
mimxrt10xx are in an alpha state and will have bugs and missing functionality.
Changes since 7.0.0
The full commit log is here.
Fixes and enhancements
- Update frozen libraries. #5773. Thanks @dhalbert. [buggy: will be fixed in 7.1.0-rc.1]
- Fix recording of
alarm.wake_alarmon real and simulated deep sleep. #5762. Thanks @dhalbert.
pixelbufoff-by-one error. #5748: backport of #5746. Thanks @dunkmann00.
ulab. #5740. Thanks @jepler.
- Fix traceback printing crash for non-native exceptions. #5723. Thanks @timhawes and @microDev1.
Port and board-specific changes
- [none in this release]
New boards Since 7.0.0
- Adafruit Feather ESP32-S2. #5517. Thanks @ladyada.
- Adafruit Feather ESP32-S2 TFT. #5742, #5741, #5738, #5573, #5570. Thanks @ladyada.
- Adafruit KB2040. #5550. Thanks @ladyada.
- Adafruit QT Py ESP32-S2. #5741, #5738, #5622, #5621, #5620. Thanks @ladyada.
- AIThinker ESP32-C3S_Kit. #5409. Thanks @skieast.
- Challenger NB RP204. #5395. Thanks @Pontus0.
- Cytron Maker Nano RP2040. #5673. Thanks @waiweng83.
- JPConstantineau Pykey60. #5507, #5497, #5365. Thanks @jpconstantineau.
- Lolin/Wemos S2-Pico. #5464. Thanks @skieast.
- Melopero Shake RP2040. #5465, #5372. Thanks @melopero.
- MicroDev microC3. #5404. Thanks @microDev1.
- Oak Development Technologies Bread 2040. #5368. Thanks @skerr92.
- Raspberry Pi 4B. #5610. Thanks @tannewt.
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 IO Board. #5610. Thanks @tannewt.
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2W. #5610. Thanks @tannewt.
- Seed XIAO variant build for HID devices. #5442. Thanks @jpconstantineau.
- Solder Party RP2040 Stamp. #5504. Thanks @solderparty.
- Swan R5. #5403. Thanks @blues.
- Fix typos. #5731. Thanks @rsbohn.
Build and infrastructure changes
- Fix circuitpython.org PR build. #5715: backport of #5702 and #5701. Thanks @tannewt.
Translation additions and improvements
- [none in this release]
- See https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues for open issues, including issues still to be addressed for 7.x.x.