This week’s EYE ON NPI (video) is the first of the year, and we love to celebrate a NEW year with a NEW product – this week it’s Jonard Tools’ Technician’s Tool Bag Backpack, an awesome bag that is perfect for technicians or engineers who carry a lot of tools to job sites or back and forth from work. Jonard Tools is right outside of White Plains, NY, so we can practically call them next-door neighbors! We love to feature new companies and especially ones here in NY state.
This backpack is super beefy – it’s basically a toolbox but with straps. Instead of throwing stuff into a duffle bag, or courier bag, and then digging through it desperately trying to find the wrench or pliers you need, it’s got pockets for everything so you can always locate the tool without sticking your mitts into a bag of sharp and pointy things.
Some highlights from this bag:
- Durable fabric – the bag is made from really tough fabric that is puncture and weather resistant
- Rubberized bottom – it’s totally waterproof, and dense which means its both protected no matter what its on top of or if it’s used outside AND it sits flat without tilting over
- Clip for a measuring tape – this is so genius, there’s a metal clip for any kind of tape to securely attach on the outside
Outer front has thick elastic on front with 10 slots for quick tool storage, and a big hook-and-loop (sometimes referred to as Velcro) patch
- Detachable webbing loop for electrical tape (or other tape)
- Like half a dozen sewn-webbing carabiner-clip points
- Top front zipper pocket with hard shell and soft lining for safety glasses (or sunglasses / regular glasses!)
- Front pocket for paperwork or a small laptop (or phone)
- Big-ass main pack with dozens of pockets and loops including TWO multimeter pockets with a hook-and-loop top to secure the probes
- Strong zippers on each pocket with nice rubbery pull tabs
- Padded shoulder-blade sections on back with breathable mesh
- Padded and curved straps with a chest-clip
- Two handles on the top for each side so you can yank or carry even if open
- Lots of padding between each pocket so you don’t get accidentally poked by a screwdriver!
- Free stickers, who doesn’t love that?
This is a really nice backpack – it’s really clear that the folks at Jonard use and carry tools all the time and decided to invent the ULTIMATE technician backpack. It’s full of little details that I would not have come up with, but once I realize what they are it’s like “wow that is so handy!” We’re going to give this to our facilities team here at Adafruit so when they travel between floors to fix stuff they can just grab the backpack and have all their tools with them for whatever problem comes up.
The Jonard Tools Technician’s Tool Bag Backpack is also an excellent deal – at under $100, it’s extremely well made, and will last decades. Digi-Key has this in stock right now for immediate shipment. It would make a great gift for a technician you know, either from a friend, family member or of course, a team-mate.
Order today and Digi-Key will send this pack packin’ same day for shipment to your home.