From the GitHub release page:
This is CircuitPython 7.3.0-beta.1, the second published beta release for CircuitPython 7.3.0. It is relatively stable, but there will be further additions and fixes before final release.
Notable changes to 7.3.0 since 7.2.5
- Experimental mDNS support.
- USB to to Serial/JTAG support for REPL on appropriate boards.
- Initial experimental USB host support.
- Merge MicroPython 1.18 changes.
gzipmodule will be added later.
keypad: scan keystates immediately on creation.
Download from circuitpython.org
Firmware downloads are available from the downloads page on circuitpython.org. The site makes it easy to select the correct file and language for your board.
To install follow the instructions in the Welcome to CircuitPython! guide. To install the latest libraries, see this page in that guide.
Try the latest version of the Mu editor for creating and editing your CircuitPython programs and for easy access to the CircuitPython serial connection (the REPL).
Documentation is available in readthedocs.io.
CircuitPython has a number of “ports” that are the core implementations for different microcontroller families. Stability varies on a per-port basis. As of this release, these ports are consider stable:
atmel-samd: Microchip SAMD21, SAMx5x
cxd56: Sony Spresense
espressif: Espressif ESP32-S2
nrf: Nordic nRF52840, nRF52833
raspberrypi: Raspberry Pi RP2040
stm: ST STM32F4 chip family
These ports are considered alpha and will have bugs and missing functionality:
broadcom: Raspberry Pi boards such as RPi 4, RPi Zero 2W
espressif: ESP32-S3, ESP32-C3
mimxrt10xx: NXP i.MX RT10xxx
stm: ST non-STM32F4 chip families
Changes since 7.3.0-beta.0
Fixes and enhancements
keypadto share more code. Scan key states immediately when created. #6248. Thanks @jepler.
- Fix use of internal flash filesystem stubs. #6226. Thanks @EmergReanimator.x
- All changes in 7.2.5: includes ESP32-S2 I2C power (#6103),
MP3Decoderlooping (#6230), nRF PWM fix (#6233), RP2040 UART fixes (#6240, #6238). #6234. Thanks @jepler.
zlib.decompress(). #6069. Thanks @gamblor21.
Port and board-specific changes
- Disable pull-up when
AnalogInconstructed; allows faster reading of high-impedance sources. #6246. Thanks @dhalbert and @DavePutz.
rotaryiodivisor changes. #6207. Thanks @domdfcoding.
- Add support for PIO
.wrapand `.wrap_target pseudo-operations. #6029. Thanks @jepler.
- Fix time jumping around on RTC overflow boundaries. #6202. Thanks @jepler.
- Adafruit MagTag: Don’t reset
board.BATTERY; allows prompt
AnalogInuse. #6246. Thanks @DavePutz.
- Espressif ESP32-S3 USB OTG N8: add
board.DISPLAY. #6222. Thanks @todbot.
- iLabs Challenger 840: Add support for 4MB flash. #6251. Thanks @PontusO.
TileGridtile value range limitation of 0-255. #6245. Thanks @jepler.
MP3Decoderdocumentation. #6245. Thanks @jepler.
Build and infrastructure changes
- Fix clang build warnings. #6231. Thanks @jepler.
typerversion pinning and then reversion, to fix temporary build issues. #6224, #6210. Thanks @jepler and @dhalbert.
Translation additions and improvements
- Fix Russian typo. #6253. Thanks @jepler.
New boards since 7.3.0-beta.0
- See https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues for other issues, including issues still to be addressed for:
Thank you to all who used, tested, and contributed since 7.3.0-beta.0, including the contributors above, and many others on GitHub and Discord. Join us on the Discord chat to collaborate.