Friday August 19 (8/19/2022) is CircuitPython Day 2022, being designated the snakiest day this year! The day highlights all things CircuitPython and Python on Hardware.
Schedule (all times are are US Eastern)
- 11:00am ET – CircuitPython Day Introduction
- 11:10am ET – Celebrating Code & Community: A CircuitPython Day Panel Discussion
- 12:50pm ET – CircuitPython Development Sprint Intro Video
- 1:00pm ET – CircuitPython Project Build with Maker Melissa
- 2:00pm ET – Special Edition CircuitPython Themed Show & Tell
- 3:30pm ET – CircuitPython 8 Preview
- 4:00pm ET – CircuitPython Day Chat with Kattni, Jeff and Dan
- 6:00pm ET – Foamyguy CircuitPython Day Game Jam Stream
- 1:00pm-5:00pm ET – CircuitPython Development Sprints (no video content)
- CircuitPython Day Introduction
- Join Paul Cutler for the official introduction to CircuitPython Day! Learn about the schedule, and the basic details of each event.
- Celebrating Code & Community: A CircuitPython Day Panel Discussion
- Panelists take a look back at CircuitPython’s accomplishments over the past year, look forward to what is to come, community Q&A, and more.
- Hosted by: Paul Cutler
- CircuitPython Development Sprint Intro Video
- Join Alec and Kattni for a quick introduction to the CircuitPython Development Sprint.
- CircuitPython Project Build with Maker Melissa
- Join Maker Melissa on her first ever livestream. This project will be a simple robotics project that uses the Adafruit CLUE to add Bluetooth control to the Ring:bit Buggy robotic car.
- Special Edition CircuitPython Themed Show & Tell
- Liz Clark hosts a special edition of Show & Tell that focuses on CircuitPython-themed projects. It will be a great highlight reel of all the wonderful things that folks in the community have built and worked on using CircuitPython. This Special Edition S&T will have a slightly different format than the Wednesday night S&Ts. Folks who join us to show off their projects will have more time, up to 5 minutes, to get into the details! We typically have to keep it short, but this Special Edition S&T has set aside more time for showing and sharing. Hope to see you there!
- CircuitPython 8 Preview
- Scott will cover all of the changes upcoming in CircuitPython 8
- CircuitPython Day Chat with Kattni, Jeff and Dan
- Kattni, Jeff and Dan get together for the third year in a row to talk about what was the most interesting thing each of them has done with CircuitPython over the last year.
- Foamyguy CircuitPython Day Game Jam Stream
- On CircuitPython Day, Foamyguy be combining 2 of his favorite things, CircuitPython and Games. He will stream the making of a CircuitPython game jam game. His goal will be to make a basic but playable and fun game within the time constraints of a few hours, and he’ll be streaming the process. After the stream, he will publish the code to the game so folks can play on their own CircuitPython devices.
11:00 AM EDT/5:00 PM CEST – Reimagining IoT Deployments with CircuitPython
- Adafruit’s CircuitPython has helped open up the IoT and place it within reach of developers of all types. Join Blues Wireless on CircuitPython Day as they look at:
- Getting Started with CircuitPython and Wireless IoT
- Walking Through a Real World CircuitPython-based IoT Project
- Remotely Updating CircuitPython Firmware with Cellular IoT(!?!)
- Register for this particular event here.
6:00PM – 9:00 PM ET – CircuitPython Night at i3Detroit
- Come join for all things CircuitPython:
- CircuitPython demos
- Getting Started with CircuitPython
- Q&A and project help
- Tour a local Makerspace in Ferndale, MI
- i3Detroit, 1481 Wordsworth, Ferndale, MI 48220
- For more information about the space, visit i3Detroit.org
Working with CircuitPython? Tag your projects #CircuitPythonDay2022 on social media and Adafruit will look to highlight them.
Do you have events you’d like folks to attend or have projects in the works? Email your thoughts to circuitpythonday(at)adafruit(dot)com.