ADAFRUIT WEEKLY EDITORIAL ROUND-UP
We’ve got so much happening here at Adafruit that it’s not always easy to keep up! Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Each week we’ll be posting a handy round-up of what we’ve been up to, ranging from learn guides to blog articles, videos, and more.
Halloween is tomorrow. That means you still have some time to put something together! Here are few last minute options we pulled from the Adafruit Learning System. Not seeing anything you like? Poke around all the Halloween things!
- Make LED candles to light your jack-o’-lantern…
- …or go with a NeoPixel jack-o’-lantern.
- If you’ve got a circuit playground classic or express hanging around, use that inside your carved gourd!
- Turn a milk or cider jug into a glowing skull
- Use your cardboard collection to make an obsidian sword
- Be a stick person come to life with neon LED strips or EL wire…
- OOOOOHHH speaking of EL wire are you in luck! We’ve got a guide for a TRON hoodie
- and animal masks!
- Add spooky glowing eyes to your windows or bushes
- 5 of the Spookiest Spaceships in Sci-Fi
- The Webb Pillars of Creation image is stunning and reveals the “angry chicken” #Space @NASA
- Retro Tech: The Atari Touch Me
If Halloween has snuck up on you, have no fear! This project gets you from zero to flapping vampire bat with no soldering required. You’ll use a Circuit Playground Express, two servo motors and CircuitPython to build this fun Halloween prop.
- Adafruit LTR-329 and LTR-303 Light Sensors
- Split Ortho Keyboard with TCA8418 Matrix Expanders
- Raspberry Pi I2C Clock Stretching Fixes
- Halloween Neon LED Signs
Browse all that’s new in the Adafruit Learning System here!