HydraUSB3 V1 is an open source developer kit for the WCH CH569 MCU to experiment with streaming / high-speed protocols like HSPI and SerDes through USB3.
It allows to test and discover the MCU main features, like:
- USB3 SS built-in PHY (5Gbps) and USB2 built-in PHY FS/LS/HS (480Mbps)
- Can be used as Device or Host.
- HydraUSB3 dedicated test firmware support USB2 HS and USB3 SS (in a transparent way) basic/bare metal stack in Device Bulk mode with Burst for USB3 Super Speed best performances.
- HydraUSB3 example firmware support streaming/transfer (with libusb) at more than 330MBytes/s (from HydraUSB3 <=> PC Host).
- HydraUSB3 test firmware for USB2 & USB3 does not requires any driver for Windows (using native WinUSB WCID descriptors in firmware) or GNU/Linux and is supported with libusb open source example codes.
- See https://github.com/hydrausb3/hydrausb3_fw/tree/main/HydraUSB3_USB
- High Speed Parallel Interface (HSPI) up to 3.8Gbps with unique fast bidirectional parallel bus 8, 16 & 32bits up to 120MHz
- Can be interfaced with an FPGA to be used as USB3 Super Speed / HSPI bridge.
- Can be used to interface two HydraUSB3 boards for ultra fast communication/transfer of data.
- See https://github.com/hydrausb3/hydrausb3_fw/tree/main/HydraUSB3_DualBoard_HSPI
- SerDes (up to 1.20Gbps officially, up to 1.38Gbps non officially)
- Can be interfaced with an FPGA to be used as USB3 Super Speed / SerDes bridge.
- Can be used to interface two HydraUSB3 boards for ultra fast communication or output some traces in real-time with latency < 1us.
- See https://github.com/hydrausb3/hydrausb3_fw/tree/main/HydraUSB3_DualBoard_SerDes
- eMMC / SDCard / SDIO (up to 96MHz 8bits mode with option/extension)
- Can be used over USB3 SS for ultra fast communication/transfer of data.
See more about HydraUSB3 v1.0
See HydraUSB3 v1 Test firmware / examples on GitHub